Feel the Pain

Just like As One, this poem is about loving someone you know will never let you be there for them no matter how much they know you care. Sometimes people just lock their hearts and throw away the key. And sometimes you just have to let go, as hard as it is... Written on June 13th 2017. Not sure if I have really overcome it or if I have just got used to it. Anyway, enjoy!

Feel the Pain

Feel the pain
That feeling that drains
The lump running deep
The weight oppressing the chest

I don't know how or why
But it makes me want to die
The tears I can't control
Down my soul they roll
A wound so sharp and oppressive.

Why do I feel this way?
Why does sadness want to stay?

It's all the love I feel
That has nowhere to go
For the one I've given my heart
Will always and forever say no

Feel the pain
Feel the love
It's the same
And it's hopeless

The ones you love the most
Are the ones that can hurt you the most.

Comments

Popular Posts