My Nanny is a Werewolf - Part II

If you read My Nanny is a Werewolf - Part I, enjoy Part II now. It's Full Moon after all, and Halloween is around the corner! 


My Nanny is a Werewolf - Part II

Matt was my ex and perhaps his wolf blood wasn’t as diluted as mine because he descended from a stronger clan. But still, he could control himself if he wanted to. If he wanted to... coming from a high-ranking clan, Matt sometimes enjoyed showing off his werewolf powers. That was obviously dangerous for all of us, but Matt’s clan could be ridiculously proud and stubborn.

I was from a mid-ranking clan and all this show off was too much for me, a low profiler. This was why I had put an end to my relationship with Matt. I wanted a normal, as human as possible, life. But this had been outrageous, how dared a mid-ranking leave a high-ranking?

Matt wasn’t particularly pleased, of course, and every now and then he had tried to make my life tough. Nothing really life-threatening, just immature crap to piss me off. But, if it really had been him transforming, things could be about to take a different, perilous turn. Only one way to find out.

I left the bar and tried to call Matt. No answer after three attempts so I got on my motorbike and rode to his place. Lights were off but I wondered if he indeed was out. Matt would always go back to his “den” after a mess up or whenever he felt overwhelmed.

Not much to my surprise, the door was unlocked. He knew I’d be coming. Actually, that was why he didn’t pick up the phone. So that I’d go to him in person. I walked through the gloomy hall into the living room. My wolf eyes saw very well in the dark and I immediately sensed him there. He was sitting on the couch, back turned to me. I knew he could feel me though.

“I am glad you are here, Jackie. I knew you would come, that’s why I couldn’t be bothered to answer your calls.” he said sardonically.

“What are you up to, Matt?” I asked, annoyed. “Have you been scaring people just for the fun of it? You do know our laws, we mustn’t let humans find out about our existence. Now we have the cops after us.”

“All will be quiet soon and they’ll dismiss it.” as he spoke, he got up and finally looked at me. Tall and muscular. Reminding me he ranked higher. I tried to stand firm and calm. “But why are you lecturing me, Jackie? You, who just a few hours ago, were showing those human cubs your teeth and ears.”

I shivered. He had been spying on me and I had not noticed with the excitement of playing with the Bloomsbury children. How could I have let my guard down?

“I still don’t understand why you prefer life with those brats than with me. I rank high. Do you know how your life would be if you became my partner? How much you would have?”

He stepped closer and I almost stepped back. Thankfully I managed to stop myself but if he approached too much, my instincts would let me down. I was a mid-ranking.

“Matt, all I want is a normal, human life. And that I cannot have with you. I am sorry it didn’t work between us but you must leave me alone and move on. Please.”

Silence fell, but he kept staring at me, his eyes glowing bright-yellow, which only happens when a werewolf gets angry. Or jealous. Or both.

“You humiliated me, Jackie.” he slithered, spiteful. “My clan despises me. They call me weak. Mid and low-ranking clans mock me. Nobody respects me anymore because YOU, a mid-ranking, dared leave me. For a human family.”

This time I bowed my head. My eyes dampened. Suddenly he hugged me. Too tight for my taste. There was something menacing in that embrace. I started shaking. Something bad was about to happen.

“You do love those kids, don’t you, Jackie?” he whispered in my ear, seductively, dangerously...

“Yes, Matt. Please don’t hurt them.” tears rolled down my face. I knew what he was going to say.

“Then come back to me and help me restore my respect among all clans. If you do that, nothing will ever happen to them. But if you refuse, they’ll pay the price. So up to you. You either come back to me in a good way or in a bad way. Choose!”

“I hate you!” I yelled and pushed him back. “Let me at least say goodbye to them.”

Werewolf life and human life were incompatible, especially if you become a high-ranking werewolf partner. I’d have to comply with the laws and the laws were clear, no mingling with humans. It would break my heart to leave my beloved Susie, Lucy and Toby. What excuse would I even make? I felt like trash, completely defeated. But the truth also was, I’d never forgive myself if Matt hurt them.

“Oh sure. That I can grant you.” he said, kissing my earlobe. I shook with disgust. “You’ll say goodbye to them tonight already. The sooner the better.”

I left his flat in tears. I hated myself but if I refused to go back to him, the consequences would be much worse than Matt killing the Bloomsbury kids. Humans would find out. A war would start. I couldn’t let that happen.

I returned to my kids that evening to announce I was leaving the country due to an amazing opportunity abroad that I couldn’t say no to.

“No, Jackie! Please don’t!” the three shouted in unison as they ran to hug me. And my heart shattered into a million pieces.

(There may be a part three, just need to find out how to take Jackie out of this mess.)

_________________

Enjoyed this story? Check my other Werewolf Stories, which I post every Full Moon:

The Janitor's Secret

Wolfsbane

Officer Brooks' Creepy Blue Eyes

Midnight Shift at the Zoology Museum


Comments

Popular Posts